DHS Announces FY 2016 Preparedness Grants
On February 16, 2016, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) released its fiscal year (FY) 2016 preparedness funding opportunity announcement for the following programs:
- Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP), including:
- State Homeland Security Grant Program (SHSGP)
- Urban Areas Security Initiative (UASI)
- Operation Stonegarden
- Tribal Homeland Security Grant Program (THSGP)
- Nonprofit Security Grant Program
- Intercity Passenger Rail Program (Amtrak)
- Intercity Bus Security Grant Program (IBSGP)
- Port Security Grant Program (PSGP)
- Transit Security Grant Program (TSGP)
- Emergency Management Performance Grants (EMPG)
FY 2016 funding levels for the programs listed above total $1.6 billion, the same as the total in FY 2015. Fifty-state allocations were provided for two programs: SHSGP and EMPG. Local allocations were released for UASI.
UPDATE: DHS announced FY 2016 allocations for the competitive programs on June 29, 2016.