NOTE: The database numbers exclude funding for COVID-19. Click here for our COVID-19 coverage, including a state-by-state spreadsheet for supplemental appropriations. For those having difficulty downloading the spreadsheets below, you can right-click and select the "save link as" option to download the file(s) you need.
Updated July 26, 2021: FFIS has updated its grants database to reflect the FY 2021 enacted budget and the president's request for FY 2022. The database spreadsheet includes six tabs:
- important notes (that you should read)
- summary of total funding by state
- summary of funding for Medicaid, other state grants, local grants, and grants provided to individuals/others
- summary of mandatory versus discretionary funding
- definitions that explain the data and column headings
- state allocations and program information for each grant tracked by FFIS (240+ programs)
For technical assistance, password help, or to request an individual state profile, please contact Ethan Ableman at 202-624-5849 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where final data are not available, amounts shown are FFIS estimates. In most cases these are based on prior-year funding. Contact FFIS for more information on how estimates are calculated.
The database excludes funding related to COVID-19 and the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
Individual State and Territory Profiles
Northern Mariana Islands